The Children's Healthcare of Atlanta video on obesity provides a grim, cautionary look at the dark side of obesity. Despite the featured patient being only 32 years old, this advertising campaign showcases the extreme dangers of unhealthy lifestyles.
This public health video works backwards, providing a front-to-back timeline of how the patient in question ended up arriving at the hospital. It's apparent that many of the circumstances portrayed are run of the mill, hence the applicability of this powerful clip to many different audiences.
Showcasing the worst possible scenario allows Children's Healthcare of Atlanta to deliver a precautionary message in one of the most direct, forward ways imaginable. There are no nuances here, just an underlying warning for all viewers.
The Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Video Paints a Grim Picture
1. Obesity Education - Developing educational content to increase awareness about the detrimental effects of obesity presents an opportunity for businesses in the health and wellness sector.
2. Healthcare Advertising - Creating impactful, cautionary healthcare advertisements that showcase specific health concerns are opportunities for advertising agencies and healthcare providers.
3. Innovative Patient Education Videos - Developing patient education videos that showcase real-life situations can be a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies looking to create impactful content in the healthcare industry.
1. Healthcare - Healthcare providers can leverage cautionary advertising campaigns to educate patients about the detrimental effects of unhealthy lifestyles and increase patient awareness.
2. Advertising - Advertising agencies can create impactful advertisements like Children's Healthcare of Atlanta's obesity video that showcase specific health concerns and deliver a precautionary message to viewers.
3. Wellness - Developing educational content to increase awareness about the detrimental effects of obesity presents an opportunity for businesses in the health and wellness sector to create new services and products.