Chicken and waffles are a pretty unbeatable combination just the two of them, but adding a cake to this savory meal takes things to a new level. Created by Glazed and Confused, this recipe for a chicken and waffles cake celebrates the blogger Graham's site anniversary.
This sweet and savory dessert combines a vanilla buttermilk cake (recipe courtesy of Sweetapolita), maple syrup buttercream, spicy sage caramel, chicken nuggets and Belgian waffles. The tiered vanilla cake incorporates the maple syrup and spicy caramel between layers. Meanwhile the fried chicken is inserted at the top, forming a perimeter. The waffle is the center piece where you might typically find a birthday candle or well-wishing message. You could also use waffle pieces to decorate.
This Layered Vanilla Buttercream Cake Incorporates Chicken and Waffles
1. Savory Dessert Fusion - Savory ingredients are incorporated into traditional dessert recipes, creating unexpected and unique flavor combinations.
2. Unconventional Celebration Cakes - Cakes are being reimagined with non-traditional ingredients and designs, creating one-of-a-kind centerpieces for special occasions.
3. Hybrid Food Craze - Two or more food items are combined to create new and unconventional dishes, reinventing classic recipes with surprising additions.
1. Food and Beverage - Opportunities for innovation in incorporating unconventional ingredients and creating unique dishes for restaurants, bakeries, and cafes.
2. Event Planning and Catering - Opportunities for innovation in creating custom celebration cakes and incorporating unexpected flavors into catering menus.
3. Food Blogging and Influencer Marketing - Opportunities for innovation in creating and promoting unique recipes and food trends that incorporate unexpected and unconventional ingredients.