This chia seed parfait is the perfect 4th of July breakfast or snack for patriotic people who either have dietary restrictions or take their food very seriously. Created by Beth from the food blog Tasty Yummies, the Red, White and Blue Berry Chia Parfait is a festive and healthy dish that doesn't resort to any artificial dyes.
Instead of using food coloring to get the classic American color scheme, the blogger used phytochemical-packed and richly colored ingredients that are full of disease-fighting nutrients.
To recreate the chia seed parfait recipe at home -- which is gluten-free, paleo and customizable to be vegan -- you will need strawberries and raspberries for the homemade red gelatin layer, coconut chia seed pudding for the white layer and fresh blueberries for the blue layer.
This Red, White and Blue Chia Seed Parfait is for Independence Day
1. Phytochemical-packed Ingredients - Using phytochemical-packed and richly colored ingredients is a trend in healthy and nutritious foods.
2. Dye-free Recipes - Creating festive and colorful foods without the use of artificial dyes is a trend in healthy and natural cuisine.
3. Flexible Diets - Recipes that can be customized to fit various dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free and vegan options, are a trend in health-conscious cooking.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can benefit from incorporating more healthy and natural ingredients into their products and offering customizable options for customers.
2. Health and Wellness - The health and wellness industry can capitalize on the trend of using phytochemical-packed ingredients and dye-free recipes to promote disease-fighting nutrients.
3. Home Cooking - The home cooking industry can offer more creative and healthy recipes for consumers who take their food seriously, even for festive occasions like holidays.