Talented designer Davide Chiesa put together this breathtaking chess game board inspired by Milan's city line. The game replaces quintessential pieces such as kings, queens and pawns with skyscraper buildings. As the pieces move across the board they shift the aesthetic of Milan's skyline.
Chiesa's designs add an architectural aspect to the popular game of chess by infusing the board with miniature figurines of famous buildings and monuments that are staples in Milan's skyline. The chess set features six buildings including the Unicredit Tower, the Diamant Tower, the Torre Velasca, the Milan Cathedral, the Sforza Castle and the Arco della Pace. The tallest structures act as the more powerful pieces with the smaller buildings as the pawns. The set comes in a classic black and white color scheme.
This 3D-Printed Chess Game Features Pieces Inspired by Milan's City Skyline
1. Architectural Chess Sets - Creating chess sets inspired by famous architectural landmarks and city skylines
2. 3d-printed Board Games - Using 3D printing technology to create custom board games with intricate and detailed pieces
3. Unique Board Game Variations - Designing board games with creative and unexpected twists, like replacing abstract game pieces with miniature landmarks
1. Board Game Industry - Further capitalizing on the growing demand for tabletop board games by creating unique and intricate game pieces
2. 3D Printing Industry - Partnering with designers and artists to showcase the capabilities of 3D printing technology in creating custom board game pieces
3. Tourism Industry - Capitalizing on the popularity of famous landmarks to create board games and other merchandise that appeals to tourists and visitors