Chernyi Cooperative posted the first legal product advertisement on the darknet selling its Chernyi Black roast coffee.
The Cheryni Cooperative's Chernyi Black is available via Tor, which enables users to access websites not available on mainstream browsers. The target audience for the 'Black' roast coffee are consumers familiar with anonymous marketplaces. The Cheryni Cooperative's choice for selling its coffee on Tor is to confront the Russian belief that coffee shouldn't be consumed on a daily basis.
The brand is utilizing the common association of Tor as a platform for drug trafficking to its advantage in selling Cheryni Black. The marketing on the site for Cheryni Black is vague and the coffee is described only by its molecular formula.
Chernyi Cooperative is Advertising Its Coffee on the Darknet
1. Darknet Advertising - The Cheryni Cooperative's use of the darknet for advertising presents an opportunity for businesses to explore unconventional marketing channels.
2. Anonymous Marketplaces - The target audience's familiarity with anonymous marketplaces creates an opportunity for businesses to tap into niche markets.
3. Unconventional Branding - By leveraging the association of Tor with drug trafficking, brands can take advantage of unconventional branding strategies.
1. Coffee - The coffee industry can explore selling products through alternative platforms like the darknet to reach a unique consumer base.
2. E-commerce - E-commerce platforms can explore the potential of anonymous marketplaces to expand their reach and cater to specific customer segments.
3. Advertising - Advertising agencies can explore new and unconventional branding strategies that challenge traditional marketing norms.