As Gap Inc. has been around since 1969, it has a legacy that it aims to uphold in it's promotional campaigns, the most recent of which features Cher and Future.
The singer and rapper are shown together in an all-white room, where they sit together on a staircase while dressed in the retailers apparel. When Cher and Future are together on the staircase, they sing a remixed rendition of Sly and the Family Stone's 'Everyday People,' a hit track that was released the same year that Gap Inc. was founded.
With this campaign, Gap Inc. highlights its impressive legacy with the inclusion of Cher, who gained prominence in the 1960s and remains popular today, and Future, a talent who's relatively new to mainstream music.
Cher and Future Sing 'Everyday People' for This Gap Campaign
1. Legacy Brand Collaborations - Promotional campaigns featuring iconic artists from different eras highlight the legacy and longevity of established brands like Gap Inc.
2. Remixing Nostalgic Hits - Reimagining classic songs in promotional campaigns adds a fresh and engaging element for consumers.
3. Blurring Genre Boundaries - Collaborations between artists from different musical genres create innovative and unexpected marketing opportunities.
1. Apparel and Fashion Retail - Clothing retailers like Gap Inc. can leverage brand collaborations to attract a diverse range of consumers and reinforce their reputation.
2. Music and Entertainment - Musicians and record labels can explore unique promotional partnerships to reach new audiences and revitalize nostalgic songs.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Brands can tap into the power of collaboration in their marketing campaigns to create engaging and memorable experiences for consumers.