The newest addition to the menu at Domino's in South Korea is the Cheesecake Black Tiger Pizza, which seems to resemble a regular pizza but actually consists of two crusts atop one another. In between the hand-tossed bottom crust and the thin and crispy top crust, there's a layer of soft, sweet cheesecake mousse. The pizza is topped with a variety of traditional and savory pizza ingredients, as well as black tiger shrimp.
Last year, Domino's South Korea introduced the Doublecrust Iberico Pizza with the same format and a layer of sweet potato mousse. Needless to say, these pizzas are bound to be full of interesting flavors and textures.
Image Credit: Domino's South Korea
The Cheesecake Black Tiger Pizza Has a Unique Layer Between Two Crusts
1. Doublecrust Pizzas - Incorporating unique, sweet layers in doublecrust pizzas may offer a disruptive innovation opportunity for pizza chains.
2. Savory-sweet Combinations - Combining sweet and savory ingredients in unexpected ways can create new taste experiences for consumers.
3. Premium Pizza Ingredients - Using premium and unexpected ingredients in pizza, such as black tiger shrimp, can appeal to adventurous eaters.
1. Fast Food Restaurants - Fast food chains may find success by innovating and introducing unique flavors and textures in classic menu items, such as pizzas.
2. Food Retailers - Grocery stores and food retailers can experiment with incorporating sweet and savory ingredient combinations in prepared and packaged foods.
3. Seafood Industry - The seafood industry could consider partnering with pizza chains and retailers to introduce unique seafood toppings, such as black tiger shrimp, in pizzas and other food products.