Seeing your favorite TV characters zombified is always a funny thing. With the popularity of TV shows like The Walking Dead, zombification has turned into an overnight Internet joke, and now certain shows such as Downton Abbey, which has nothing to do with the undead genre, is getting revamped to appeal to zombie fans across the world.
'Downton Zombey' is a gag reel about the deceased characters of the series coming back from dead. The video contains spoilers for those of you who haven't seen most of the series yet, because it showcases characters that have actually died in the series.
With the popularity of zombies continuing to rise, it's no surprise to see such a well-recognized television show incorporating these undead features into their marketing techniques.
Watch the Downton Abbey Characters Zombified in This Gag Video
1. Zombification Crossover - There is a trend of incorporating zombies into non-horror TV shows and movies, offering a humorous twist on familiar characters and storylines.
2. Spoof Marketing - Using parody and spoofs in marketing campaigns is a trend that can attract attention and engage audiences through unexpected and humorous content.
3. Internet Joke Sensations - Transforming popular TV shows and characters into Internet jokes, such as zombification, is a trend that captivates online audiences and generates viral content.
1. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can leverage the zombification crossover trend to create new content and engage audiences in innovative and unconventional ways.
2. Marketing and Advertising - The marketing and advertising industry can capitalize on the spoof marketing trend to create attention-grabbing campaigns that resonate with audiences through humor and satire.
3. Digital Media - The digital media industry can tap into the internet joke sensations trend by creating and distributing online content that capitalizes on popular trends and humor to maximize engagement and shares.