The series unimaginatively titled Character Design by Dric, an artist based in Seoul, South Korea, is made up of adorable illustrations that could easily be used for a Pixar film. Although they look more like two dimensional construction paper creations, with a little animation, they would probably steal as many hearts as the mini minions in 'Despicable Me.'
Comprised of 18 illustrations, the creatures in Character Design by Dric range from abstract to alien. Nevertheless, whether they have a starburst for a face or a large gaping mouth, all the characters share the same round body and squat legs. Retro and cute, these character designs definitely play of people's imaginations, not to mention Dric's creativity.
Character Design by Dric is Filled with Cute Squat Characters
1. Adorable Character Illustrations - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create merchandise featuring these adorable character illustrations, such as toys, apparel, and accessories.
2. Abstract and Alien-inspired Character Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop a virtual reality game or augmented reality app that brings these abstract and alien characters to life, allowing users to interact and explore their world.
3. Retro and Cute Aesthetic - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with clothing and home decor brands to create a line of retro and cute-themed products, appealing to nostalgic consumers.
1. Animation and Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Pitch these adorable character illustrations to animation studios for potential collaborations in animated films or TV shows.
2. Merchandising and Licensing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Partner with toy manufacturers and licensing companies to create a line of merchandise featuring these cute character designs.
3. Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop a virtual reality game or augmented reality app that brings these abstract and alien characters to life, allowing users to interact and explore their world.