The concept of erecting an edifice that harmonizes with its natural environment is taken rather literally in the Český Ráj Family House. This charming rural residence has been drawn down into the ground to create the effect of being engulfed by the grassing landscape.
The architectural team from Stempel & Tesar of Czech Republic were working with fairly tight building restrictions in this rural region. The structure had to be respectful of its rolling hilly topography and would ideally complement the surrounding dwellings of Bohemian Paradise.
This sunken scheme ensured that the Český Ráj Family House would not be overly imposing, and its stone and wood-clad exterior gives it a rustic look. Keeping it contemporary, the lovely pitched-roofed abode expresses clean lines and a clever system of shutters for expansive country views.
The Cesky Raj Family House Seems to Sink into its Surrounding Landscape
1. Sunken Architecture - The trend of sunken architecture offers a way to harmonize buildings with their natural surroundings while reducing their environmental impact.
2. Rustic-contemporary Design - The trend of combining rustic and contemporary design elements presents an opportunity for architects and designers to create unique and visually stunning buildings that merge old and new aesthetics.
3. Integrating Natural Landscapes - The trend of integrating buildings with natural landscapes presents an opportunity for architects to create structures that harmoniously and creatively blend into their surroundings.
1. Architecture and Design - The architecture and design industry can leverage sunken architecture and rustic-contemporary design trends to create environmentally conscious and visually striking buildings for residential and commercial purposes.
2. Real Estate - The real estate industry can make use of the trend of integrating buildings with natural landscapes to create unique and environmentally sustainable homes and buildings that appeal to environmentally conscious consumers.
3. Tourism and Hospitality - The tourism and hospitality industry can leverage sunken architecture and integrating natural landscapes trends to create visually stunning and unique lodgings, retreats and venues that provide a one-of-a-kind experience for travelers and visitors.