At CES 2020, the Rocean One was introduced as a stylish, all-in-one water machine for the home that's capable of filtering, carbonating and flavoring tap water. The multi-use countertop kitchen device has the potential to help cut down on plastic waste and reduce carbon emissions. Created to support mindful consumption, the Rocean One helps to enhance water with multi-use pods that contain everything from natural flavors—like ginger, cucumber or mint—to supplements and other beverage enhancers.
As environmentally conscious consumers are looking for ways to reduce household waste, this system has the potential to keep kitchens from being overwhelmed by single-use plastic.
Rocean One is set to be available for purchase later this year but there is already a waitlist now.
Image Credit: Rocean
CES 2020's Rocean One Filters, Carbonates and Flavors Water
1. Multi-use Water Machines - As concerns about single-use plastic grow, there is an opportunity for more devices like Rocean One that provide a sustainable solution for at-home water consumption.
2. Enhanced Beverages - With Rocean One's multi-use pods that contain various natural flavors, supplements, and beverage enhancers, there is ample opportunity for new and creative beverage products to rise to prominence.
3. Convenience Devices - Rocean One's all-in-one functionality offers convenience in the form of a single device that eliminates the need for separate countertop appliances, which can spawn similar innovation opportunities in the smart home space.
1. Home Appliance - Rocean One's introduction into the marketplace brings an opportunity for this type of device to grow and raise new competition in the home appliance market.
2. Health & Wellness - Multi-use pods that include supplements and other beverage enhancers present innovation opportunities for companies that focus on personal health and wellness.
3. Sustainable Packaging - Rocean One's aim to reduce plastic waste paves the way for opportunities to develop alternative, more eco-friendly packaging options for other household products.