In order to capture the attention of the elderly, this cartoon tracker commercial keeps the visual story quite simple. Instead of overdoing it with saturated visuals and stills in quick succession, the goal was to tell a story that would be easy to follow with an approachable character.
To promote the CarePredict Tempo smartwatch––which monitors healthy and unhealthy behaviours at home––the company chose to illustrate the video with black inked animations on a white background. Gradually, the artist fills in blank spaces with sketches of cozy homes, different rooms and everyday activities in which the heroine, Betty, engages. The delightful and accessible narration addresses the benefits and conveniences of the product, explained gently by a woman with the considerations and concerns that would come straight from the mouths of the elderly consumers.
Tempo Video Paints a Friendly Picture of Innovative Wrist-Worn Tech
1. Simplified Visual Storytelling - Opportunities for creating engaging advertisements using simple, easy-to-follow visual narratives.
2. Ink Animation Style - Disruptive potential in using black inked animations on white backgrounds to create visually appealing commercials.
3. Accessible Narration - Opportunities for incorporating relatable and considerate narration to effectively communicate product benefits.
1. Advertising - Potential for innovative advertising strategies using simplified visual storytelling and ink animation style.
2. Wearable Technology - Disruptive potential in creating wrist-worn tech that caters to the needs of the elderly.
3. Healthcare - Opportunities for integrating smartwatches to monitor health behaviors and provide convenience for elderly consumers.