A campaign promoting CareerBuilder features hardened criminals using their expertise for good. The print ads show people like Osama and Hannibal being productive members of society. Though that may seem impossible, the ads show them doing it very effectively. Osama is seen working as a demolition expert while the ads show Hannibal working as a butcher. Accompanying these visuals is text that states “The right job keeps you out of trouble.”
The ads were designed by students at the Miami Ad School in São Paulo, Brazil. Miami Ad School's promotion seems to be targeting a younger male demographic by using characters like Osama and Hannibal. The campaign promotes CareerBuilder very well by showing how destructive tendencies can be transformed into productive ones.
This CareerBuilder Promotion Features Villains Being Productive
1. Criminal Rehabilitation - Opportunities for businesses to develop programs and services that help rehabilitate criminals and utilize their skills for productive purposes.
2. Creative Advertising - Opportunities for businesses to explore creative and unconventional advertising strategies that grab the attention of their target audience.
3. Transforming Stereotypes - Opportunities for businesses to challenge stereotypes and misconceptions by showcasing how individuals with a criminal background can contribute positively to society.
1. Advertising - Opportunities for advertising agencies to create innovative campaigns that challenge societal norms and generate buzz for their clients.
2. Criminal Justice - Opportunities for the criminal justice system and related industries to develop programs and initiatives that focus on rehabilitation instead of punishment.
3. Recruitment - Opportunities for recruiters and job placement agencies to tap into a previously untapped talent pool by assisting with the reintegration of individuals with criminal backgrounds into the workforce.