The 'Dreaming in Cardboard' project by Kinfolk magazine involved looking to kids to come up with some really unique cardboard playhouses, embracing whatever their little minds could dream up, with no budget constraints and no blueprints to restrict their imaginations.
The creative playhouse designs include cozy floral cottages, whimsical fairy tale houses, arks and futuristic spaceship-like stations that came from the minds of London kids between the ages of five and seven. Although most kids would be happy to play in just about any old box, these cardboard forts are really impressive structures that would take playtime to the next level, no matter if you are inside or outside of the imaginative paper play structures.
Kinfolk Magazine Had Kids Dream Up the Ultimate Cardboard Playhouse
1. Creative Playhouse Designs - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop a platform that allows children to design and create their own unique cardboard playhouses.
2. Imaginative Paper Play Structures - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a line of customizable, foldable cardboard playhouse kits to cater to children's imaginative play.
3. Unconstrained Cardboard Creativity - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design an interactive mobile app that stimulates children's creativity by providing virtual tools and materials to build and customize virtual cardboard forts.
1. Children's Toy Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate technology into cardboard playhouses to create interactive and educational play experiences.
2. Children's Interior Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with artists and designers to create limited-edition cardboard playhouses that are both aesthetically pleasing and functional.
3. Children's Event Planning - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Offer custom-designed cardboard playhouses as part of event packages, allowing for immersive and interactive play experiences for children at parties and events.