Tesla's car retail store, located in the Santana Row shopping center in California has been redesigned to focus on the brand's latest electric car. In order to promote Model X, the brand is focusing on four main themes that will be exposed within the car's retail displays.
The themes include safety, autopilot autonomous features, charging stations and its car's dual-motor all-wheel drive system. In order to fully expose consumers to the high-end safety features, the showroom has been transformed into an immersive test center. Essentially Tesla creates a trifecta approach using its showroom as an educational space, a display showroom and a sales office.
Since electric cars are fairly new to many consumers, this unique retail display will provide them with hands-on information. The brand is also said to have "at least one Model S and an exposed chassis that will also be displayed inside its retail space."
The Tesla Store is Redesigned to Emphasize the Brand's Electric Cars
1. Electric Car Retail Displays - Retail displays are now being designed to focus on electric cars, providing hands-on information to potential clients.
2. Immersive Test Centers - Creating immersive test centers to expose consumers to high-end safety features provides an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the automotive industry.
3. Electric Car Education - Providing educational spaces for consumers to learn about electric cars will become a major trend in the automotive industry.
1. Automotive - The automotive industry has the opportunity to disrupt the retail experience by creating immersive test centers and educational spaces in their retail locations.
2. Retail - The retail industry can incorporate immersive test centers for electric cars to give customers hands-on information and educate them as well as sell.
3. Green Energy - The shift toward electric cars provides an opportunity for green energy companies to partner with automotive manufacturers and retailers to promote eco-friendly transportation alternatives.