The Argonne National Laboratory and Peking University recently put together a series of car batteries made using lithium-oxygen that are designed to provide vehicles with a much more durable, longer lasting and lightweight cell for recharging. The battery is designed to be used continuously and take on constant recharging, making it ideal for daily use in a vehicle.
The specially designed battery diverges from traditional lithium models by using oxygen and nanoscale particles that suspend both the oxygen and lithium together during the chemical reaction. This significantly improves the overall energy moving through the cell, allowing the battery to harness more power at an increased charging speed. The cell is also much more lightweight, making it more versatile in different vehicle models.
The Lithium-Oxygen Auto Cells Provide a Quicker Charge
1. Lithium-oxygen Car Batteries - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing more durable, longer lasting, and lightweight car battery cells using lithium-oxygen technology.
2. Nanoscale Particle Suspension - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring the use of nanoscale particles to suspend oxygen and lithium together in battery cells, improving energy efficiency and charging speed.
3. Lightweight Vehicle Batteries - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating lightweight car batteries that offer increased versatility for different vehicle models while maintaining high performance.
1. Automotive - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introducing advanced lithium-oxygen car batteries to offer improved energy storage and longer-lasting performance in vehicles.
2. Energy Storage - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Applying nanoscale particle suspension technology to enhance the energy storage capabilities of lithium-based batteries in various industries.
3. Transportation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Expanding the use of lightweight lithium-based batteries to enable extended range and faster charging in electric vehicles.