The Italian restaurant Capsula was redesigned on both the interior and exterior by Kei Harada, who used the idea of a label for inspiration. According to DesignBoom, "the façade now appears as if it has been wrapped with a label that begins to tear down the center of one of its five doors, above which a series of letters highlights the name of the establishment."
This touches are so subtle that until one understands the story behind the design, it simply looks like the pain just stops halfway up the storefront. After hearing that everything is based off a wine bottle label, it becomes more apparent what the designer was doing with the restaurant as a whole.
Capsula restaurant symbolically puts its products out in the open with this new store design.
Photo Credits: designboom, kit-kit
Capsula is Designed to Look Like a Peeling Label
1. Label-inspired Design - Incorporating the concept of labels into product or store design presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for businesses to create distinctive and memorable branding.
2. Symbolic Product Display - Designing stores or packaging to display products in a symbolic or unique way presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for businesses to create a visually striking brand identity.
3. Subtle Design Touches - Incorporating subtle design touches that rely on understanding or context presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for businesses to create memorable and engaging experiences for customers.
1. Hospitality - Using label-inspired design or symbolic product display can be a disruptive innovation opportunity for restaurants, hotels, and other hospitality establishments to create a unique and memorable experience for customers.
2. Product Design - Incorporating label-inspired designs or subtle touches into packaging or product design presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies to differentiate their products and create a memorable brand identity.
3. Retail - Using label-inspired design or symbolic product display can be a disruptive innovation opportunity for retail stores to create a unique and memorable experience for customers, encouraging them to spend more time and money in-store.