While most people expect only musical entertainment from newly purchased CDs, the Camp America 'Intuitions & Dreams' album offers a little something else as an added incentive to purchase it. In place of a classic plastic case, the CD comes with a bag of 125 LEGO pieces and instructions to build one's own storage case. Considering the fact that many people are opting to pirate or purchase music online, this tweak could very well spike sales for the Camp America Intuitions & Dreams album.
Implications - Not only is the Camp America Intuitions & Dreams album LEGO CD case a nod to the current popularity of lo-fi aesthetics, it also addresses the slow decline of CD sales in general. By providing a fun and unique experience that is separate from the music, people may feel more inclined to buy in-store.
The Camp America 'Intuitions & Dreams' Album Comes With a LEGO Case
1. DIY Album Cases - Providing customers with instructions and components to make their own cases for music albums.
2. Incentivized Album Purchases - Offering added incentives to purchase physical music albums in order to compete with the rise of online music consumption.
3. Branded Collaborations - Teaming up with other brands or products to create unique and memorable experiences for customers.
1. Music - With physical CD sales on the decline, record labels can explore unconventional album packaging and promotional strategies.
2. Toy - Collaborating with music labels to produce themed LEGO sets as an added incentive to purchase certain albums.
3. Retail - Exploring new marketing strategies and unique experiences to entice customers to make in-store purchases.