Announced by Google VR, the 'YI HALO' camera video system is a new way to capture 360-degree content that has been created in collaboration with China-based hardware brand Xiaomi.
The 'YI HALO' camera unit features a whopping 17 individual cameras that work together to each capture a different perspective which in turn are then stitched together to create a stunning 360-degree video.
The 'YI HALO' camera weighs in at eight pounds and features a composition that is worth a total of $17,000. The camera video system is capable of creating immersive content that is 3D, virtual reality or 360-degree in orientation. The hardware mixed with the stitching software is purported to provide the best solution for capturing 360-degree content on the market.
The 'YI HALO' Camera Video System Has 17 Camera Units in All
1. HD 360-degree VR Cameras - The 'YI HALO' camera video system is utilizing 17 individual cameras to capture a 360-degree video, paving the way for immersive content creation.
2. Collaborative Hardware Development - The collaboration between Google VR and Xiaomi showcases the potential for hardware brands to work together to create innovative camera systems capable of capturing stunning 360-degree content.
3. Advanced Stitching Software - The combination of the 'YI HALO' camera hardware and powerful stitching software demonstrates the disruptive innovation opportunities for companies to improve the quality and efficiency of stitching processes in 360-degree video production.
1. Virtual Reality - The 'YI HALO' camera video system is revolutionizing the virtual reality industry by offering high-quality, immersive 360-degree content creation capabilities.
2. Camera Hardware - The innovative design of the 'YI HALO' camera unit opens up new possibilities for camera hardware manufacturers to develop advanced systems for capturing panoramic videos.
3. Video Production - The integration of the 'YI HALO' camera system and stitching software presents disruptive opportunities for the video production industry to enhance the creation of 360-degree and virtual reality content.