Over at Domino's France, two iconic American dishes are about to collide in the form of what's been dubbed the 'Cal'z Hot Dog.'
Just as the name alludes to, Cal'z Hot Dog is a cross between a hot dog wiener and a stuffed calzone. Basically, the dish consists of mozzarella cheese, sliced hot dog bits, and a yellow mustard filling that's then wrapped in a layer of dough and baked until crisp. If that sounds like a little too much dough for you, you can also pick up the new Hot Dog Pizza, which is made with a yellow mustard sauce base, topped with crispy onions, sausages, pickles, mozzarella cheese, a drizzle of BBQ sauce, and, of course, a hot dog-stuffed crust.
To get your hands on these over-the-top American pizza creations, you'll have to head to Domino's France before they disappear from the menu.
Image Credit: Domino's France.
Domino's New Cal'z Hot Dog Brings Together Pizza and Wieners
1. Fast Food Mash-ups - Opportunity for fast food chains to create innovative menu items that mix traditional or popular dishes to create a new fast food trend.
2. Novelty Food Items - Opportunity for restaurants, retailers, and food trucks to create unique and attention-grabbing food items that are not typically seen on menus.
3. Regional Food Twists - Opportunity for fast food chains to create localized twists on classic dishes, combining local and popular food items to create new regional delicacies.
1. Fast Food Industry - Fast food chains can leverage these trends to add new menu items, attract new customers and differentiate themselves from the competition.
2. Restaurant Industry - Restaurants can capitalize on these trends by offering unique menu items that cater to the growing demand for novelty food products.
3. Food Truck Industry - Food trucks can create innovative and unique food items to differentiate themselves from other food trucks and attract new customers.