The retailer Target just announced that it will be launching a collection of wines, called California Roots, that will be available starting September 3 of this year.
The collection consists of a series of wines, including a Chardonnay with tropical fruit flavors, a Pinot Grigio also with tropical fruit flavors as well as fresh citrus notes, a Moscato with peach and melon flavors, a Cabernet Sauvignon with cherry and oak flavors, and a Red wine with cherry and berry flavors. The soon-to-be-available California Roots collection is extremely affordable at only $5 per bottle.
Target's new foray into the alcohol industry makes the wines it is now offering both affordable and accessible to the average consumer.
Target Has Launched a Wine Collection Called California Roots
1. Affordable Wine Collections - The trend of creating affordable wine collections enables popular retailers to appeal to a larger audience, disrupting higher-end markets.
2. Retailer-owned Beverage Brands - Developing beverages under their own private label allows retailers to broaden their product offering and introduces new revenue streams.
3. Accessible Alcohol Products - Creating easily-accessible and affordable wine collections helps retailers bring in new consumers who are intimidated by traditional liquor stores.
1. Retail Industry - The retail industry gains a new revenue source as the trend of affordable, retailer-branded alcoholic beverages increases in popularity.
2. Alcoholic Beverage Industry - Traditional alcoholic beverage brands may be disrupted as affordable retailer-owned brands increasingly draw in consumers not familiar with wine culture.
3. Food and Beverage Industry - The trend of affordable wine collections allows food and beverage companies to pair their products with wine more competitively, increasing overall sales.