Barbecuing is by nature a social experience, however most grills are not designed to accommodate this aspect specifically, prompting acclaimed designer David Rockwell to create the 'Caliber Grill' -- a social grill that encourages interaction.
The designer believes that the standard grill lid separates the chef from their guests, so the team behind the design created a hood that falls into a designated slot, resulting in an unobstructed view between parties. In addition to the re-imagined covering, this grill also provides dinner guests with an integrated table, which is perfect for setting down plates or wine glasses as one eats and chats, making it more convenient to stand next to the chef as they cook.
David Rockwell's 'Caliber Grill' Promotes Social Interaction
1. Social Grilling - Designing grills to better accommodate social experiences presents opportunities for development and market penetration.
2. Open Hood Grills - Creating innovative grill designs that focus on an unrestricted view between chef and guests can disrupt the market and attract new customers.
3. Integrated Grill Tables - Combining the elements of a grill and a table creates an opportunity for unique and functional outdoor dining experiences.
1. Home Goods Industry - Companies in the home goods industry can develop innovative and social-focused grill designs to appeal to customers looking for new and unique grilling experiences.
2. Outdoor Furniture Industry - The outdoor furniture industry can explore integrating grill designs into their products to offer more diverse outdoor dining experiences for customers.
3. Hospitality Industry - The hospitality industry can benefit from integrating social grill designs into their outdoor dining areas to create unique and immersive experiences for guests.