The Caffeine Molecule Coffee Mug is perhaps the most meta way to enjoy your morning cup of Joe. The mug was made by Joaquin Baldwin using a 3D printer and is an exact replica of a caffeine molecule. The bumps on the mug represent atoms and the lines (single and double) represent covalent bonds.
In addition to the Caffeine Molecule Coffee Mug, Baldwin has also made a smaller cup designed for sipping espresso. This is easily one of the cleverest and most meta coffee mugs around. It also serves as a showcase for how 3D printers can be used to create everyday items, not just controversial ones (here's looking at you, 3D-printed gun). The Caffeine Molecule Coffee Mug is available now and sells for $99; the espresso version sells for $48.
The Caffeine Molecule Coffee Mug is a Ceramic Replica of Molecular Java
1. Meta Coffee Mugs - Using 3D printing technology to create coffee mugs with unique designs.
2. Everyday Items - Exploring the potential of 3D printers to create everyday objects.
3. Scientific Replicas - Creating replicas of scientific icons using 3D printing technology.
1. Consumer Goods - Opportunity for companies in the consumer goods industry to create innovative and customizable coffee mugs.
2. 3D Printing - Expanding the applications of 3D printing technology beyond prototypes and into the production of functional everyday items.
3. Science Education - Providing unique tools for science educators to engage students and enhance learning.