This Cafe Impact 'How-To' video focus on developing interview skills for a career or job in social justice. Host Jonathan Lewis talks to a variety of people who act as interviewers in order to see how to stay on target and ultimately, respect the conversation. Other things that people were looking for were ultimately basic considerations such as enthusiasm, ambition and a little bit of background research. Who knew, right? As you can see, some of the topics discuss aren't social justice specific.
Some of the people featured on this Cafe Impact How-To video include Raquel Donoso, the executive director of the Latino Community Foundation, Anne Marie Burgoyne, the portfolio director of the Draper Richards Foundation and John Anner, the executive director of the East Meets West Foundation.
Cafe Impact website
Cafe Impact on Twitter
The Cafe Impact 'How-To' Video is a Career-Building Exercise
1. Interview Skill Development - Opportunity to develop innovative training programs and resources for individuals seeking to improve their interview skills specifically in the field of social justice.
2. Refining Selection Criteria - Opportunity for businesses and organizations to redefine and prioritize the selection criteria for social justice-related positions, focusing on factors like enthusiasm, ambition, and background research.
3. Diverse Interviewer Perspectives - Opportunity to seek out a variety of interviewers with different perspectives and backgrounds to ensure a more comprehensive and inclusive interview process.
1. Nonprofit Sector - Opportunity for nonprofit organizations involved in social justice to implement training programs and resources that enhance interview skills of their staff and potential candidates.
2. Career Counseling and Coaching - Opportunity for career counselors and coaches to offer specialized interview coaching services tailored to social justice-related careers.
3. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Consulting - Opportunity for consulting firms focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion to assist organizations in refining their selection criteria and interview processes to promote social justice values.