It's no surprise the Cabrela House is located in the culture-rich country of Portugal. The house combines contemporary elements with more organic ones to create a peaceful melding of two worlds coming together.
Designed by Lisbon studio Orgânica Arquitectura, the Cabrela House is a two-storey home mostly constructed of beautiful bricks. However, the back wall of the house features floor to ceiling windows to let in natural light and provides an open view of the courtyard.
The Cabrela House is undoubtedly new but brings a classic older style as well.
Implications - Consumers look for designs that combine old elements with newer ones. Products that utilize more organic elements appeal to customers who want to stay in touch with their roots. Companies could create more items like this in order to attract more attention on the market.
The Cabrela House Features a Wall of Windows With Classic Stone Settings
1. Old-new Fusion - Designs that blend classic and contemporary elements continue to appeal to consumers, presenting opportunities for companies to create products that combine both.
2. Organic Materials - Consumers are showing a preference for products that use more natural and less processed materials, creating an opportunity for companies to adapt and innovate in this area.
3. Natural Lighting - As demonstrated in the Cabrela House, maximization of natural light through windows could be a trend that will gain more traction in the housing industry, presenting opportunities for companies in construction and design.
1. Home Construction - Companies could offer more designs that blends classic and contemporary elements, as well as increase their focus on natural materials and methods of maximizing natural light.
2. Home Design - Opportunities exist for companies to use organic materials and natural lighting to create homes that appeal to consumers with an appreciation for these elements.
3. Architecture - As the Cabrela House shows, the use of more natural and locally sourced materials could be a trend for architects to incorporate in order to create unique designs and blends of contemporary and classic styles.