Announced this week, BYD's electric bus orders and deliveries are fulfilled in Spain and Sweden as public transportation shifts to eco-friendly alternatives.
The Municipal Transport Company of Madrid, EMT Madrid, received 30 of BYD's 40-foot eBuses - a popular choice in Europe. This adds to EMT Madrid's pre-existing collection of 15. This shipment marks the largest single order for electric buses in Spain's history. The Transport Company aims to eliminate its diesel-powered fleet by 2023.
In Sweden, Bergkvarabuss ordered 79 of BYD's eBuses, including the Class-II 42-foot, the Class-II 49-foot, and the 39-foot models. BYD, the Chinese automaker, has sold 250 electric buses across Sweden and the Nordic region, but this order marks its first deal with Bergkvarabuss.
Image Credit: Clean Technica
BYD's Electric Bus Orders and Deliveries are Fulfilled in Spain and Sweden
1. Increased Demand for Electric Buses - The growth of electric bus orders in Europe suggests a need for more eco-friendly public transportation options, paving the way for innovative electric bus manufacturers.
2. Shift to Sustainable Transportation - The efforts of EMT Madrid to eliminate diesel-powered fleets by 2023 highlights the growing trend towards sustainable transportation, presenting opportunities for companies specializing in eco-friendly transportation solutions.
3. Growing Market for Electric Vehicles - The increasing sales of BYD's electric buses in Sweden and the Nordic region reflects a growing market for electric vehicles globally, signaling a need for further innovation in electric vehicle technology.
1. Public Transportation - The electric bus orders in Spain and Sweden highlight an opportunity for public transportation companies to transition to eco-friendly alternatives, leading to increased demand for electric buses.
2. Automotive Manufacturing - The growing market for electric vehicles presents an opportunity for automotive manufacturers to invest in innovative electric vehicle technology, creating a competitive advantage within the industry.
3. Renewable Energy - Electric vehicles require renewable energy sources for their operations, presenting opportunities for renewable energy companies in electricity generation, battery manufacturing and charging station infrastructure development.