Announced at the end of 2015, the Butterkist Yogurt-Covered Popcorn variety is an experimental in flavor combination that you'll likely be tempted to try. Created to appeal to health-conscious consumers seeking a light snack packing plenty of flavor, the yogurt-covered popcorn may seem unconventional but actually falls under the ever-popular "salty and sweet" category of snacks.
The indulgent flavor hopes to capture the imagination of consumers while also enhancing their overall snacking experience. Butterkist will also be releasing a limited edition Hot Cross Bun Popcorn flavor ahead of the 2016 Easter holiday season.
Experimental, unexpected flavor combinations are a clever way for brands to drive consumer interest, as proven by Oreo, who is constantly releasing exotic takes on the classic cookie.
This Butterkist Yogurt-Covered Popcorn is for the Experimental
1. Experimental Flavor Combinations - Brands can drive consumer interest by offering unexpected flavor combinations, similar to Butterkist's yogurt-covered popcorn.
2. Salty and Sweet Snacks - There is a growing demand for snacks that combine salty and sweet flavors, as demonstrated by the popularity of Butterkist's yogurt-covered popcorn.
3. Limited Edition Flavors - Releasing limited edition flavors, such as Butterkist's Hot Cross Bun Popcorn, can generate excitement and boost sales for brands.
1. Snack Food Industry - The snack food industry can take advantage of the trend towards experimental flavors and create innovative products like yogurt-covered popcorn.
2. Confectionery Industry - Confectionery companies can tap into the demand for salty and sweet snacks by developing products that offer unique flavor combinations.
3. Seasonal Food Industry - The seasonal food industry can capitalize on the success of limited edition flavors like Butterkist's Hot Cross Bun Popcorn to create innovative and exciting holiday-themed snacks.