Now that wireless charging technology is becoming more accessible, most consumers are warming to the idea of supplying juice to their devices without wires—but what about bungee jumping without a cord?
Although wireless charging and bungee jumping seem like two discordant things, IKEA brought them together for a promotional stunt that promotes its charging furniture range.
For the stunt, the furniture retailer's 'Wireless Bungee Jumping' claims to revive a science that was formerly used in 80s movies, making it possible for people to throw themselves off of platforms 61 meters high with only the use of a magnet. Although the IKEA stunt was all revealed to be a hoax, advances to wireless charing could mean that cordless bungee jumping may happen one day for those daring enough to make the first trial jumps.
IKEA Uses Cordless Bungee Jumping' to Promote Wireless Charging
1. Wireless Charging - The trend towards wireless charging opens up opportunities for innovative applications, such as cordless bungee jumping experiences.
2. Promotional Stunts - Companies can leverage promotional stunts, like IKEA's wireless bungee jumping hoax, to generate buzz and showcase their products in unique and attention-grabbing ways.
3. Reviving Retro Concepts - Reviving retro concepts, like the use of magnets in wireless bungee jumping, presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies looking to create nostalgic experiences with a modern twist.
1. Furniture - The furniture industry can explore integrating wireless charging technology into their products, providing added convenience and value for customers.
2. Adventure Tourism - The adventure tourism industry can consider adding cordless bungee jumping experiences to their offerings, offering adrenaline junkies a unique and thrilling experience.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising agencies can capitalize on the trend of promotional stunts to create innovative campaigns that capture consumer attention and drive brand awareness.