The Budweiser Beer company has recently been accused of watering down the beer, with critics stating the company is lying about the alcohol content of its brew. As a rebuttal, Budweiser took out several full-page ads in various major newspapers, stating that the only water it deals with is the 71 million cans of drinking water it has donated to disaster relief organizations.
With this self-defense advertisement, the beer company’s PR team has managed to take a stab at the critics and the naysayers, while simultaneously pointing out all of the amazing charitable work the company has done over the years. Anyone who had doubts about the brew and those who were previously indifferent, may find themselves in favor of the Budweiser Beer company after seeing this type of campaign.
Budwiser Beer Ad Takes a Stand Against Critics During Trial
1. Charitable Corporate Rebuttal Campaigns - Companies take a stand against negative publicity and criticism by highlighting their charitable missions and actions.
2. Transparency Marketing - Companies use transparency and honesty in their messaging and marketing to regain consumer trust.
3. Brand Activism Advertisements - Ads that directly address social or political issues to demonstrate a company's values and commitment to a cause.
1. Alcohol and Beverage Industry - Alcohol companies can use charitable acts and transparency marketing as a way to address any negative perceptions about their product.
2. Public Relations Industry - PR teams can advise companies to take a more proactive approach by highlighting their charitable and ethical work to fend off negative publicity.
3. Advertising Industry - Companies and brands can use brand activism advertising to connect with socially conscious consumers and demonstrate their commitment to making a difference.