One of the newest products from Versed is a brightening toner treatment called Weekend Glow that's beneficial for correcting dullness and evening out irregularities in tone. The product is powered by a four-acid complex that includes kojic and azelaic acid, AHAs and bearberry extract, which serves as an alternative to the controversial ingredient hydroquinone—the brand notes that this "brightening ingredient that can have adverse effects for darker skin tones."
The multi-acid toner is gentle enough to be used on a daily basis without causing irritation or tingling and helps to tackle dark spots and the marks that remain after a breakout. When it comes to using the product, it can easily be swiped across the face, neck and chest with a cotton pad.
Image Credit: Versed
Versed's Weekend Glow Features Bearberry Extract
1. Multi-acid Complex - The use of a four-acid complex in brightening toners presents opportunities for developing innovative skincare products with powerful and effective ingredients.
2. Bearberry Extract - The incorporation of bearberry extract in toners opens up possibilities for creating natural and safe alternatives to controversial ingredients, catering to a wider range of skin tones.
3. Daily Use Toner - The development of gentle and non-irritating toners suitable for daily use offers disruptive innovation potential in the skincare industry.
1. Skincare - Skincare brands can explore the use of multi-acid complexes and bearberry extract in their product formulations to address specific skin concerns in a safe and effective manner.
2. Beauty - Beauty brands focusing on inclusive and natural products can tap into the trend of using bearberry extract as a brightening ingredient, offering alternatives to customers with different skin tones.
3. Cosmetics - Cosmetic companies can capitalize on the demand for daily use toners that are gentle yet effective, providing consumers with convenient skincare options for daily routines.