For a fundamentally practical part of a person's wardrobe, it's fascinating to behold something like the Boss shoes. They appear to be functional examples of footwear; however, they've been elevated to the status of sculpture as well, bearing formal features that are intended to impress on an artistic level.
Sebastian Errazuriz created this daring pair of high heels as part of his 12 Shoes for 12 Lovers series; like the other 11, these pumps represent a single former partner. Subject No. 9 is Rachel, an unpredictable lady who was sometimes feminine and flirtatious, and occasionally fierce and fiery without warning. The Boss shoes feature the brass knuckles detail within the otherwise seductive black stilettos.
The Boss Shoe was Inspired by the Designer's Volatile Ex-Girlfriend
1. Functional Sculptural Footwear - Creating footwear that combines practicality with artistic design elements presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the fashion industry.
2. Personalized Shoe Collections - Designing shoes inspired by individual stories or personalities opens up a market for customized and unique footwear experiences.
3. Unconventional Women's Footwear - Experimenting with bold and unconventional designs, such as incorporating weapons-inspired elements, can disrupt the traditional women's footwear industry.
1. Fashion - Designing and manufacturing footwear that pushes boundaries in terms of functionality and artistic expression presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the fashion industry.
2. Customization - Creating personalized shoe collections inspired by individual stories and personalities can disrupt the traditional footwear market by offering unique and tailored experiences for customers.
3. Alternative Fashion - Exploring unconventional designs and incorporating unexpected elements, such as weapons-inspired details, can disrupt the women's footwear industry by offering bold and edgy options for consumers.