Popped water lily seed snacks have been consumed in India for thousands of years, but this better-for-you version of puffed cheese snacks is just beginning to make its way to the North American market thanks to brands like Bohana.
Bohana is reinventing the healthy superfood snack for modern consumers with flavor-focused varieties like Wild White Cheddar, Himalayan Pink Salt and Soulful Spice. The puffed snacks are air popped for a light and crunchy texture, which only serves to make their protein-packed benefits all the more appealing to consumers. On top of this, the snacks are free of the top eight allergens and directly support the farmers working in Bihar, India, who source the water lily seeds, with fair wages and an ethical, collaborative supply chain.
Bohana is Reinventing an Ancient Superfood Snack for a Modern Audience
1. Popped Lily Seed Snacks - Opportunity to capitalize on the growing demand for healthy and protein-packed snacks by reinventing ancient superfoods.
2. Flavor-focused Varieties - Disruptive innovation opportunity to create exciting and unique flavors in the healthy snack market.
3. Ethical Supply Chain - Chance to differentiate by establishing a transparent and fair supply chain that supports farmers and promotes ethical practices.
1. Healthy Snack - The healthy snack industry can explore incorporating ancient superfoods like popped lily seeds to provide innovative and nutritious options for health-conscious consumers.
2. Food Manufacturing - Food manufacturers can seize the opportunity to create unique flavors and textures in the snack aisle by developing popped water lily seed snacks.
3. Fair Trade - The fair trade industry can expand its offerings by supporting ethical supply chains that directly benefit farmers and producers of ancient superfoods.