Blogger and artist BLU has drawn up a series of eye-popping digital notebook sketches. For anyone who has spent countless hours of their childhood doodling away on a notepad, binder, textbook, desk, chair, their hands or unfortunate family pet, these BLU drawings are for you.
This is not to say that the illustrations are innocent or carefree. Quite the opposite, BLU's work depicts macabre, morbid scenes worthy of a horror movie. A shark with a gaping fang-filled mouth bursts out from one picture; a closer inspection of this shark shows that it is made entirely of bank notes -- a metaphor, perhaps? BLU's drawings aim for more than just shock value.
A perusal of the BLU series will reveal that many of the illustrations portray the ugly and ubiquitous nature of trash and pollution. The scenes that BLU depicts are all too familiar in this regard. Through this familiarity, BLU manages to encourage an acute awareness of pollution in his viewers.
The BLU Digital 'Notebook Drawings' Stick up for the Enviroment
1. Digital Notebook Sketches - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop a platform or app that allows users to create and share their own digital notebook sketches.
2. Macabre Art - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a marketplace for artists specializing in macabre art to showcase and sell their work.
3. Environmental Awareness - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop interactive and immersive experiences that educate and engage people in taking action against pollution.
1. Art and Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine art and technology to create new mediums for artistic expression.
2. Digital Platforms - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Build a digital platform that connects artists with potential buyers and collectors.
3. Environmental Organizations - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop technological solutions to aid in environmental clean-up efforts and raise awareness about pollution.