Kate Moss' first masterpiece is up for auction. Her self-portrait, painted with bold strokes of lipstick on a napkin, shows the supermodel smoking a cigarette. The napkin also bears blood stains from Pete Doherty, the troubled rocker she was in a relationship with at the time. Doherty also scrawled "Who needs blood when you've got lipstick?" at the top.
Doherty sold the canvas to an anonymous buyer who received a receipt written on a napkin from Soho House, a private club. The mystery buyer is now selling it. The expected selling price is £30,000-£40,000 or $60,000-70,000.
Kate Moss' Art Could Fetch $70,000
1. Artistic Self-expression - Opportunities for innovative ways of personal artistic expression, using unconventional mediums such as lipstick or napkins.
2. Celebrity Memorabilia - Innovative ways for fans to own pieces of their favorite celebrities by auctioning off personal items and unique art pieces.
3. Nostalgia Collectibles - Opportunities to create a market for nostalgic memorabilia, with the ability to fetch high prices for unique pieces like those of Kate Moss and Pete Doherty.
1. Art & Culture - Opportunities to create a new category of modern and personalized art that can challenge the traditional boundaries of the industry.
2. Auction Houses - Innovative ways to auction off unique and rare items such as personal memorabilia and unconventional artistic expressions.
3. Entertainment & Media - Opportunities to provide fans with more immersive and interactive experiences by allowing them to own unique pieces of their favorite celebrities.