Just ahead of Valentine's Day, McDonald's has announced that it will be giving away a gilded version of its most famous burger, dubbed the 'Bling Mac.' Made of 18K gold and encrusted with diamonds, the ring is certainly not something customers will find on the value menu.
The Bling Mac is an exclusive set of stackable rings created by McDonald's and jeweler Nadine Gohsn. Each ring represents a different layer of the iconic burger, with diamonds taking the place of sesame seeds, Champagne brown diamonds serving as patties, and orange sapphires representing the Special Sauce. The estimated cost of all the bling is a whopping $12,000.
In order to make sure the Bling Mac goes to the company's most deserving fan, McDonald's is asking customers to write vows of love to the Big Mac on Twitter and to tag McDonald's with #BlingMacContest. The most creative, romantic, and witty tweet will be announced on February 14th and the winner will be gifted the coveted fast food ring.
McDonald's is Giving Away a Big Mac Ring Dubbed the 'Bling Mac'
1. High-end Fast Food Merchandise - There is an opportunity for fast-food chains to collaborate with luxury brands to create high-end merchandise that adds prestige to their brands.
2. Social Media Engagement for Contests - By creating social media contests that require customers to share content, brands can increase engagement and create buzz around their products and services.
3. Luxury Fast Food Experiences - Fast food chains can incorporate high-end experiences, such as pop-up restaurants or limited-edition menu items, to attract customers looking for a unique and upscale dining experience.
1. Fast Food - Fast food chains can explore ways to add luxury and exclusivity to their brands through collaborations with high-end jewelry or fashion brands.
2. Social Media Marketing - Social media platforms can capitalize on the trend of brands using user-generated content in viral contests to increase engagement and visibility for both the brand and the platform.
3. Luxury Goods - Luxury brands can reach a wider audience by collaborating with unexpected partners, such as fast-food chains, and creating buzz-worthy limited-edition products.