The 910 horsepower Blastolene Brothers Indy Special is a tank-powered supercar worthy of the Silver Surfer, not Jay Leno. Built on top of a 1952 Watson Roadster, the Indy Special has a 1500 lb-ft torque producing 1792ci M47 Patton SOHC aluminum V-12 tank engine.
The Blastolene Brothers spent over $400,000 building the silver supercar which sold for a mere $280,500 at Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction 2010. In the video, the 8400 lb Indy Special crushes a makeshift ramp while unloading. It’s way cooler than Jay Leno’s 1953 tank powered Chrysler.
Tank-Powered Indy Special by the Blastolene Brothers
1. Tank-powered Supercars - Opportunity for creating high-performance supercars with tank engines.
2. Vintage Car Modifications - Opportunity for retrofitted modifications on vintage cars with powerful engines.
3. Unique Automotive Design - Opportunity for designing unconventional vehicles that stand out.
1. Automotive - Automotive companies can explore incorporating tank engines into their supercar designs.
2. Car Auctions - Car auction houses can attract more buyers by featuring unique and powerful retrofitted vehicles.
3. Custom Car Modifications - Custom car modification shops can offer specialized services to retrofit vintage cars with powerful engines.