The shock value of photographer Sarah-Jane Lynagh's work is off the scale! I can barely cope with cutting up liver to feed to my fussy cat let alone smothering my face with an animal organ.
Using unconventional materials such as offal and other dead animals parts as shocking photographic props, Lynagh attempts to explore themes of sexuality, death, loss, identity, abjection, and the monstrous feminine.
All I can say is thank goodness these images aren't too bloody.
Implications - The work of the artist here is without a doubt that of subversion by turning the body inside out; this shocktography makes meat an attachment to the outer body. This is really some interesting photography.
Grotesque Animal Organ Portraits
1. Shocktography - The trend of using unconventional and shocking materials in photography to explore provocative themes of identity, sexuality, and the monstrous feminine.
2. Organic Art - The trend of creating art using unconventional and organic materials such as animal organs and parts.
3. Subversive Imagery - The trend of creating visually provocative and unsettling imagery with the use of unconventional materials and methods.
1. Art and Photography - This trend presents a potential disruptive innovation opportunity for artists and photographers to explore new and daring ways of expressing themselves.
2. Fashion and Design - This trend can inspire designers and fashion enthusiasts to use organic and unconventional materials in creating unique fashion pieces.
3. Advertising and Marketing - This trend offers a disruptive innovation opportunity for advertisers to create visually shocking campaigns that will captivate audiences and leave a lasting impression.