Heritage Californian label Birdwell works in collaboration with Greg Lauren on a new joint capsule for the Spring/Summer 2019 season. Lauren is a designer who was formerly a painter -- the new range evokes his artistic side by bringing forth deconstructed designs in a beachy manner. The pieces draw inspiration from the designer's childhood, drawing memorable pieces such as bathing suits and chambray shirts that refer to a relaxed summer's day.
The traditional designs include shirts, sweatpants, denim trucker jackets, and more. The color palette features bright orange hues, sea blue, and navy blue. The fabric materials spotlight nylon making up classic silhouettes alongside hybrid designs that include elements such as nylon drawstrings and triple lace enclosures. In addition to apparel, the capsule also drops a toweling robe that boasts a chambray cotton lining decorated in nautical graphic details.
Greg Lauren Joins Birdwell On a New Seasonal Collection
1. Deconstructed Beachy Fashion - Opportunity for fashion brands to explore unconventional design techniques and create relaxed, artistic beachwear.
2. Nylon Hybrid Designs - Opportunity for fabric manufacturers to create innovative nylon blends for versatile clothing styles.
3. Collaborative Capsule Collections - Opportunity for brands to collaborate with designers to create unique limited-edition collections that combine different design aesthetics.
1. Fashion Industry - Opportunity for fashion brands to incorporate deconstructed beachy designs into their seasonal collections.
2. Fabric Manufacturing Industry - Opportunity for fabric manufacturers to develop new nylon blends suitable for hybrid clothing styles.
3. Collaborative Design Industry - Opportunity for brands to collaborate with designers on exclusive collections that cater to a specific theme or artistic vision.