Biometric identification cards are beginning to spread across various industries and a major university in Buenos Aires, Argentina, will soon offer biometric campus cards. Manufactured by SmartMetric, these biometric campus cards utilize a fingerprint scanner to activate and are fully self-powered with a rechargeable battery. The cards also conform to ISO size standard for traditional credit cards.
In terms of functions, the biometric campus card provides secure and logical access on campus, meaning they offer an added level of security when trying to access a building. The biometric cards also act as an ID card and can easily support identity verification of the cardholder without the use of a clunky reader. Instead, a more compact reader can be used as the card itself stores the biometric information of the cardholder.
Image Credit: SmartMetric
A University in Argentina Will Outfit Students With Biometric Student Cards
1. Biometric Identification Cards - The use of biometric identification cards in various industries provides an opportunity for companies to enhance security measures and improve efficiency.
2. Self-powered Cards - Self-powered cards with rechargeable batteries offer an opportunity for companies to reduce waste and improve sustainability in their operations.
3. Card-based Identity Verification - Utilizing compact card readers for identity verification presents an opportunity for companies to streamline processes and improve customer experience.
1. Higher Education - The use of biometric campus cards in higher education institutions presents an opportunity for enhanced security measures to protect students and faculty.
2. Banking and Finance - The use of biometric credit cards in banking and financial institutions presents an opportunity for enhanced security measures to protect transactions.
3. Transportation - The use of biometric identification cards in transportation systems presents an opportunity for improved efficiency and security measures to protect passengers and assets.