Finding reliable bike storage in a big city can be a real challenge, but these German designers have totally gone above and beyond in this bike storage facility design that will have cyclists drooling.
With 260 bike racks, 32 lockers and a full bike rental service, this bike storage facility goes beyond pedal conveyance. The Erfurt, Germany facility also includes many amenities like a cafe, workshops and office space.
The design is also very eco-friendly beyond just encouraging people to leave their cars at home. The bike storage facility is made out of polycarbonate panels that are very energy efficient and are cheaper to replace in case of vandalism. The facility was built after winning a government-offered grant to build the best bike storage design.
This German Bike Storage Facility is Also an Eco-Friendly Cafe
1. Multipurpose Bicycle Buildings - Opportunity for businesses to create innovative bike storage facilities that offer additional amenities and eco-friendly features.
2. Bike Rental Services - Increasing demand for bike rental services as cities become more bike-friendly and people look for alternative transportation options.
3. Energy Efficient Building Materials - Growing market for eco-friendly building materials like polycarbonate panels that offer energy efficiency and durability.
1. Urban Planning - Urban planners can incorporate multipurpose bicycle buildings into city infrastructure to promote sustainable transportation and community gathering spaces.
2. Cycling Tourism - Opportunity for businesses to tap into the cycling tourism industry by offering bike rental services and catering to cyclists' needs in popular biking destinations.
3. Building Materials Manufacturing - Manufacturers can capitalize on the demand for energy efficient building materials by producing and supplying sustainable options like polycarbonate panels.