In certain respects, a home is a home no matter where in the world it is, but it's also impossible to deny that location is a big factor in home design, as this home from Besonias Almeida Arquitectos makes clear. The home is in rural Argentina, and its situation away from the density of any cities gave the architects some design freedom that they wouldn't have had in other contexts.
The most striking design trait of Besonias Almeida Arquitectos' home is the facade, which is made out of red brick. The brick itself is relatively unexceptional, but the brickwork is unique. The designers used an alternating pattern that creates a visually checkered design with wide open holes in the exterior. Security is far less of an issue in rural homes, so those holes are an inexpensive way to keep the abode breezy during the summer.
Image Credit: Besonias Almeida Arquitectos
Besonias Almeidas Arquitectos Made Clever Use of Brick in This Abode
1. Alternative Facade Designs - Explore different ways to use building materials to create visually striking facades, like the checkered brick design in this article.
2. Customized Rural Architecture - Develop unique architectural designs that take advantage of the location and context of rural areas, just like the Besonias Almeidas Arquitectos home in rural Argentina.
3. Innovative Ventilation Solutions - Discover cost-effective methods of incorporating ventilation into building designs, such as using strategic open holes in the exterior, as seen in this article.
1. Architecture - The architectural industry can explore creative uses of building materials and location-specific designs to create visually stunning and functional structures.
2. Construction - The construction industry can adopt innovative ventilation solutions and alternative facade designs into their building projects to offer unique and appealing options to their clients.
3. Real Estate - The real estate industry can integrate customized rural architecture into their listings, attracting buyers who appreciate unique and contextually appropriate designs.