May I just begin by saying, on behalf of girls everywhere, that these Barbie & Ken wedding day captures by Beatrice De Guigne make me very, very happy! In fact, as I first began to scroll through Beatrice De Guigne's Barbie wedding album, it was almost hard to believe that these figures were plastic dolls and not friends I've known for decades.
With a background in intimate wedding photography, Beatrice De Guigne was able to capture images of plastic Barbie & Ken in poses that seemed both candid and realistic. Her shots began like any typical wedding day with pictures of the happy couple getting their hair done and putting on their respective tuxedo and gown, followed closely by captures kissing at the alter and finally, wedding reception shots. Dare I say that I like Barbie's dress better than Kim Kardashians?
Implications - Childhood is a time in many consumer's lives that, once in adulthood, represents simplicity and ease. As such, companies should consider creating sentimental products that allow consumers to take a trip down memory lane to a simpler time. Just as this Barbie wedding album is appealing to an older audience, so too will products that allow consumers to temporarily be kids again.
Beatrice De Guigne Shoots Lifelike Images of Barbie & Ken's Big Day
1. Nostalgia-inspired Products - Companies can capitalize on consumers' desire to relive their childhood by creating products that tap into the sense of nostalgia.
2. Realistic Miniature Photography - There is an opportunity for photographers to explore the use of miniature dolls to create realistic and compelling images.
3. Personalized Wedding Photography - With wedding photography being such a big industry, there is room for creativity and personalization in capturing a couple's special day using unique props and characters.
1. Toy Manufacturing - Toy companies can create more unique and personalized dolls that tap into consumer's nostalgia for their childhood.
2. Photography - Photography could tap into the trend of using miniature models for realistic and imaginative shoots.
3. Wedding Planning - Wedding planners have the opportunity to make their clients' special day more personalized and unique by incorporating dolls into the photography of the ceremony and reception.