Some might think that basketball backboards are no place for delicacy, but artist Victor Solomon clearly disagrees. His project Literally Balling consists of handmade stained glass backboards and bejeweled basketball nets. What began as a joke is now very much a reality and an unexpected source of beauty.
We typically consider stained glass as an older medium, as centuries old churches rush to mind. These artistic basketball backboards offer a fresh perspective and are often influenced by the very sport they appear in. This is evidenced by the circular ball-inspired patterns in the stained glass, as well as the court-mimicry. Even the nets indicate an "esthetic convergence of historical opulence and our modern day kings of court" with their decadent detailing.
Victor Solompn Puts an Artistic Spin on These Basketball Backboards
1. Stained Glass Sports - Creating stained glass elements in sports equipment offers a unique way to blend art and athleticism.
2. Sports-inspired Art - The fusion of sports and art opens up new opportunities for creative expression and the appreciation of athleticism.
3. Historical Aesthetics in Sports - Bringing historical opulence to modern sports equipment creates a visually striking contrast.
1. Sports Equipment - The sports equipment industry can explore incorporating artistic elements like stained glass into their products.
2. Art and Design - The art and design industry can tap into the trend of sports-inspired art to create unique and visually appealing pieces.
3. Luxury Sports Goods - The luxury goods industry can explore the market for high-end sports equipment that features historical aesthetics and artistic elements.