With so many different shades available on the market, finding the right one for an individual's unique skin tone can be difficult at times -- which is why bareMinerals created a mobile app that allows its consumers to get a custom-blended shade just for them.
In order to make the whole process as simple as possible, bareMinerals includes an instructional video within the app that shows users how to find their shade. Once doing so, they just have to tap their smartphone's camera over five different points of their faces which will determine their skin tone all over, while picking up any undertones they may have as well.
In addition to being custom made for each consumer based off of the data gathered by the app, bareMinerals' Made-2-Fit Fresh Faced Foundation formula is oil-free, lightweight, and full of anti-oxidants and anti-aging ingredients that promote a healthy complexion.
bareMinerals Created a Useful App That Takes Out Some of the Guesswork
1. Custom Beauty Apps - As the beauty industry continues to innovate, there is an opportunity for other brands to create similar apps that take out the guesswork for consumers.
2. Personalized Product Formulation - By leveraging technology, businesses can offer custom formulations based on individual data, which could appeal to a variety of industries from skincare to nutrition.
3. Augmented Reality - Beyond simple shade matching, augmented reality technology can allow consumers to virtually try on products, potentially disrupting the traditional in-store experience.
1. Beauty - Custom beauty apps like Made-2-Fit's Fresh Faced Foundation are an obvious fit within the beauty industry.
2. Consumer Technology - Personalized app-driven experiences, like those in the beauty industry, offer opportunities for consumer technology businesses to create unique experiences in other industries.
3. Retail - In-store retail experiences could be disrupted through the use of augmented reality technology, allowing customers to easily try on products in-store without physical application.