Winning men over with merchandizing can require different methods to those used on women and BARB fragrance packaging demonstrates this difference. While an organic image will often appeal to the female consumer, the rougher approach employed in this case tends to exude more masculinity.
Sergei Anenko, Roma Lazarev, Elena Khoroshiltseva, Alexander Romanov and Anton Habarov collaborated on this perfume packaging concept. You will not find a tag, a label or even any text or a logo on this cologne bottle, for its form communicates a distinctive identity. A jagged rock was used as the shape of the vessel, containing a bored chamber for the storage of the earthy, robust and rather manly scent inside.
BARB Fragrance Packaging Embodies a Rugged Image to Appeal to Men
1. Masculine Branding - 2.gender-specific branding techniques can be more effective when tailored to appeal to the intended audience.
2. Organic Appeal - Packaging options with organic branding tend to appeal more to the female consumer.
3. Minimalist Design - More products are foregoing a traditional label or logo in favor of simple, minimalist designs.
1. Fragrance - The fragrance industry could consider exploring more innovative packaging design options in order to appeal to different consumer demographics.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing professionals can explore new approaches to gender-specific advertising that diverges from traditional branding approaches.
3. Product Design - The use of unusual and bold designs in product packaging can distinguish a brand and resonate with specific consumer groups.