A local bar in a rundown area of Athens, Greece has been given a second life from the creative team at KLab Architecture. The project, Bar Guru Bar, involved covering an existing building with large rusted plates and two massive hydraulic windows.
The interior of Bar Guru Bar has been refurbished with the inspiration of a hip jazz club, however, the exterior of the building is what attracts the most attention. Its motif comes from the idea of a bunker: protect the inside by day, make it completely accessible by night.
The project is interesting and is, at first glance, a little awkward, but combined with the new interior and the whole mode of the project, it seems that Bar Guru Bar might be the place to be.
Bar Guru Bar Gets a Bronze Revival by KLab Architecture
1. Rusty Club Refurbishing - Opportunity for creative architectural designs that incorporate distressed elements for a unique aesthetic.
2. Hydraulic Windows - Potential for innovative window designs that provide both functional and aesthetic benefits.
3. Bunker-inspired Motifs - Possibility for incorporating military or industrial themes into architectural designs for a distinctive look.
1. Architecture - Architects could explore new designs that incorporate rusty elements and hydraulic windows for visually striking and functional structures.
2. Hospitality - Hotels, bars, and restaurants could draw inspiration from Bar Guru Bar's unique refurbishing project to create captivating spaces that attract customers.
3. Interior Design - Interior designers could explore the use of bunker-inspired motifs to create distinct atmospheres in commercial or residential spaces.