Local design studio Gundry + Ducker design a new folded facade made up of galvanized steel and glass at London's Camden Town Brewery that is located in North London's Kentish Town. The frontage celebrates the arches by the railways of the cobbled mews that it is located by. The design ensures that it stays welcoming for guests and was a main focus of the project's brief.
Studio founder Christian Ducker speaks to Dezeen about the project, explaining that "There was an opportunity to think about how we could connect the mews to the city, encourage public and community use and express the brand. We reimagined the mews as an industrial park where the huge stainless-steel tanks and brewing paraphernalia became blended with trees, lighting and seating to form a space used for a range of activities."
Image Credit: Gundry + Ducker
Gundry + Ducker Design the Camden Town Brewery in Kentish Town
1. Folded Facades - Designing buildings with folded galvanized steel and glass facades is a growing trend in modern architecture, creating unique and eye-catching structures.
2. Industrial Park Renovations - Upgrading industrial parks to become more community-friendly by incorporating natural elements like trees and seating can be a trend in the architecture and real estate industries alike to create spaces that serve multiple purposes.
3. Bringing Outdoor Elements Inside - Incorporating natural elements like trees and plants into indoor spaces is a growing trend in architecture, creating a unique and refreshing atmosphere and providing health benefits for occupants.
1. Architecture - Architects and designers can leverage this trend of folded facades and bringing outdoor elements inside to create eye-catching and sustainable building designs.
2. Real Estate - Real estate developers can utilize the trend of upgrading industrial parks to be community-friendly and incorporating green elements to create versatile and sought-after properties.
3. Brewery - The renovation of the Camden Town Brewery showcases the opportunity for breweries to create unique and inviting spaces for customers, while incorporating brand elements and design features to stand out from the competition.