In honor of Banned Books Week (September 22 - 28), Tumblr user 'Jubilantics' illustrated a series of characters from banned book titles having their mugshots taken.
The series of 'Banned Book Mugshots' features characters like Harry Potter and other well-known characters from titles like 'Looking for Alaska,' 'The Catcher in the Rye,' 'Their Eyes Were Watching God' and 'The Scarlet Letter.'
Each of these characters is shown being taken in by the law-enforcing body from their respective universes. In most cases, the offending characters are having their mugshots taken by the local sheriff or police department and in the case of Harry Potter, he looks very unhappy to be detained by the 'Department of Magical Law Enforcement.'
Jubilantics Draws Mugshots of Characters from Banned Book Titles
1. Banned Book Characters - Opportunity to create merchandise featuring mugshots of characters from banned book titles.
2. Banned Books Awareness - Opportunity to raise awareness about the importance of freedom of expression and intellectual freedom.
3. Artistic Representation - Opportunity to use illustration as a medium to convey powerful messages about censorship and literature.
1. Publishing - Opportunity for publishers to create visually appealing editions of banned books with mugshots of characters.
2. Merchandise - Opportunity for merchandise companies to produce mugs, t-shirts, and other products featuring the mugshots of characters from banned book titles.
3. Art and Design - Opportunity for artists and designers to create thought-provoking artworks that promote banned book awareness and freedom of expression.