Awkward family photos have long been going viral on the Internet, to the point where an entire website was created to document the various uncomfortable poses and styles of family photos of days past. The recent spring/summer Balenciaga fashion campaign for the brand's men's collection imitates the same uncomfortable poses and creative fashion choices that can be found in awkward family photos.
The campaign features several different photos of models acting as families and couples that are dressed in a variety of colorful clothes, against cheesy backdrops and with random props. The images are reminiscent of the styles, both design and fashion-wise, of the 80s and 90s. The campaign offers a series of distinct, shareable images that make the high fashion brand much more relatable to the average consumer.
Image Credit: Robbie Augspurger
This Balenciaga Fashion Campaign Features 'Awkward Family Photos'
1. Awkward Family Photos-inspired Fashion - Opportunity to create fashion campaigns that embrace unconventional and relatable themes, appealing to a wider audience.
2. Nostalgic 80s and 90s Fashion Revival - Opportunity for brands to tap into the nostalgia trend and create collections that pay homage to iconic styles from the past.
3. Shareable High Fashion Imagery - Opportunity to create visually striking and engaging fashion campaigns that have the potential to go viral on social media.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can incorporate unconventional themes and nostalgic elements into their collections to attract a broader consumer base.
2. Advertising - Opportunity for advertising agencies to develop innovative and visually captivating campaigns that break the norm and resonate with consumers.
3. Photography - Photographers specializing in fashion campaigns can explore the use of unconventional poses, backdrops, and props to bring a fresh and relatable perspective to their work.