The 'Bad Girls Throughout History' stationery set is now available for sale on Etsy. Divas like Marie Antoinette, Josephine Baker, Bettie Page and Elizabeth Taylor grace the covers of these humorous postcards, bringing their public trials and tribulations into focus yet again.
The almost kitschy title of these packages is as much of a selling point as are the accurate illustrations. The artfully depicted women are of course not 'bad' in the literal sense of the word, though they did stir up a great deal of controversy throughout their high profiled lives.
The 4X6" sheets are printed on matte pieces of paper in Los Angeles. They can however be shipped anywhere in the world, delivering bits of history to lovers of scandal and pop culture.
The 'Bad Girls Throughout History Postcards' Are Historic
1. Historical Pop-culture Stationery - This trend presents the opportunity to merge popular culture and history to create an interesting product line.
2. Reimagined Historical Figures - This trend provides the opportunity to represent historical figures in a modern language and visual art form
3. Humorous and Pop-culture Inspired Stationery - This trend presents the opportunity to infuse humor and current pop-culture inspirations into traditional stationery products
1. Stationery Industry - This industry can incorporate modern cultural references and humor into their traditional product offerings for a wider appeal
2. Art and Illustration Industry - This industry can capitalize on creating modern illustrations of famous historical figures that merge art and history in a unique way
3. Pop-culture and Novelty Industry - This industry can include historical references in their product lines to expand their reach beyond current popular culture trends